Born in 1925 in Athens. A self-taught artist, he left Athens in 1954, travelled to Europe and the United States and in Paris. In 1958, he started experimenting with magnetic fields, which became the foundation of his work. In 1960 the French Ministry of Industry awarded him a patent for ”Telesculpture” and for ”Electromagnetic Telesculpture”. In 1964, under his initiative, began the construction of the Centre for Arts and Sciences in Gerovouno. He is one of the pioneering artists of the international art scene and ranks among the major representatives of ”Kinetic Art”.
''The Music of the Spheres: music space 1'',Larissa Contemporary Art Center
"TAKIS", Zoumboulakis Galleries, Athens
The Attiko Metro authority commissions the creation of a work for the Fix station in Athens, Greece
The Galerie Nationale du Jeu de Paume exhibition is shown at the School for Fine Arts in Athens, Greece
Retrospective, *Galerie Nationale du Jeu de Paume, Inauguration of K.E.T.E. , Athens, Greece
Transforms the Beauvais waterworks into a 65 m (211 feet) musical sculpture, *France
Commissioned for Signaux lumineux for the Grande Arche de la Défense, France
Wins the French Grand Prix for Sculpture, *Creates a signal for the Seoul Olympic park.